Re: [dlevels] sdli

Hi Max,

First, if you've got something with a 90% success
rate and a very good win/loss ratio, I've got no business putting up any kind of
arguments related to trading.

But, I went ahead and attached a chart that I did a
little scribbling on.  Mostly involves that Gartley pattern again.  My
current stats suggest little above 50% on both the variables of the expectancy
formula, with my current rules.  If it turns out that I can actually trade
it close to those numbers, I expect to have most of the money in the world
shortly. :-)

As to your technique, as intriguing as it sounds, I
don't have enough years left to ever understand it well enough to use it, and
probably not enough brain power, anyway.  It is most embarrassing to be
opening my mouth on a forum with so many folks with 90% success
rates.

Kevin

<BLOCKQUOTE

  Well here's an interesting discussion.  I'd
  love to see that argument, and would love to go short after a day long in
  sdli.   Is sdli in a downmove?   Please prove me
  wrong.   What time frames are you looking at?  I'm looking at
  the dailies.  Thrust up?  Yes.  Enough bars of thrust?
  Not according to Hoyle. However, I see a
  difference between study of equities (or other instruments) you are
  not studying daily and ones you know well, in terms of their price
  movements.  Truth is that with sdli, all you have to do is get the
  right time of day, right Futures, right L2 reading, etc. and you can very
  handily take a few points off the table without breaking a sweat.  In
  this case, a strong 382 rt on the last upmove gave me all I
  needed to know (plus experience with the stock).  However, I am
  probably much too much of a momentum or trend trader to be a
  proper dlevel student.  Yet I would like to learn more, and hear
  further arguments against pure momentum plays. To show my massive
  ignorance, I even use 382 & 500 retracements (and
  MACD/Stochastic combination, detrended oscillator, and VOLUME) on five minute
  charts during the day to enter trades, especially on shorts, regardless of the
  larger trend; sometimes I don't even look past the 5 minute chart or
  know a thing about the overall actions of some stocks; many of them I've never
  heard of before, like INFI on Friday.  The percentages on
  this approach (given futures a the time, s & p trading, L2,
  gaps, etc) come out to be very close to 90%, and with very tight stops,
  the win/loss ratio is...well, very good.

     Please forward your fib study on
  sdli!  12 points one day long and forty in a couple of days short sounds
  like good money to me.

  Also, if I am being a pest in bringing up other
  aproaches to trading and combining them with dlevels rather than taking a pure
  dlevel approach, please would other members tell me so and I will stop doing
  this and only report on more pure dlevel studies or trades I am looking at or
  taking.

  Max
  <BLOCKQUOTE
    <DIV