[amibroker] Re: need assistance in generating buy signal with zig indicator

  • Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 04:05:25 -0000
  • From: "Mike" <sfclimbers@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [amibroker] Re: need assistance in generating buy signal with zig indicator

Hi,

That is NOT a solution. The delay is not a constant. The delay necessary before a Zig signal becomes valid will vary at each point depending on the volatility of the market. It might be as few as a single bar, or it may take years.

The key is that you must verify that the price has actually moved the desired amount (i.e. the zig percent) before you can recognize the last Zig signal as valid.

See this example in the library.

http://www.amibroker.com/members/library/detail.php?id=353

If charting the above, change NULL from the following lines to be 0 instead.

PivotLow = Ref(IIf(Ref(ROC(ZZ,1),-1) < 0 AND ROC(ZZ,1) > 0, 1, Null),1);
PivotHigh = Ref(IIf(Ref(ROC(ZZ,1),-1) > 0 AND ROC(ZZ,1) < 0, 1, Null),1);

Mike

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/

    amibroker-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx