[amibroker] Re: need assistance in generating buy signal with zig indicator

  • Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 19:43:35 -0000
  • From: "sebastiandanconia" <sebastiandanconia@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [amibroker] Re: need assistance in generating buy signal with zig indicator

What I did to "solve" the problem of looking into the future with Zig-Zag was to just add in a trade delay.

Example:  Tomasz has written a double-top pattern detector here...
http://www.amibroker.com/library/detail.php?id=19&hilite=PEAK

...and in the line "buy = doubletop;" I modified it to say "buy=ref(doubletop,-5);".

Zig-Zag doesn't "know" that a peak was made until a few bars go by after the suspected "peak", so you add that number of days to the signal generated by Zig-Zag.  (You need to decide how many days it takes to validate a peak/trough.)

Sebastian

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/

    amibroker-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx