Re: [amibroker] Re: Where does Amibroker store its formula files

  • Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 12:15:17 +0100
  • From: Tomasz Janeczko <groups@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [amibroker] Re: Where does Amibroker store its formula files

Hello,

Hmm... the only reason for "backup" utilities in Metastock is the fact that their formulas are NOT stored as plain text files.

In AmiBroker such problem does not exist because formulas *are* plain text files stored in ordinary folder (Formulas).
So copy entire Formulas folder (with all subfolder) and you are done. What can be easier than that ?

What's more, because .afl files are plain text files you can also use many widely available tools for synchronization, version/revision control,
"diff" utitilies that all work on plain text files.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com