[amibroker] Re: Question about JScript/VBScript & DLL's...

  • Date: Sun, 07 Mar 2010 18:44:33 -0000
  • From: "reefbreak_sd" <reefbreak_sd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [amibroker] Re: Question about JScript/VBScript & DLL's...

** In the old days when AB had fewer features, users could go to these languages to gain functions that AB couldn't provide.  AB has become immensely more powerful over the years.
** Speed - especially with dll's.  One could write a routine in assembly language.  Some language compliers can optimize for speed.
** I had eSignal which has a JavaScript based language in their TA/graphics package.  I was comfortable with programming in JS.  JS native mode uses double precision for calculations, it is possible to think up routines (such as polynomial curve fitting) that might require double precision calculations.
** you might be able to include pre-programmed routines coded in these other languages or dll's.  Like for me, I had a JS routine where I had coded a modified Heikin-Ashi.  I embedded my JS-HA code in AFL - still use it.
** Overall, AB has become so powerful now that I don't think there is much call for outside languages.  Certainly for me, I only use a fraction of what is available here.  Maybe others could enlighten.

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/

    amibroker-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    amibroker-fullfeatured@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx