[amibroker] Diversifying my trades across industries?

  • Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2010 20:59:33 -0000
  • From: "Ron" <rondwaa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [amibroker] Diversifying my trades across industries?

Hi all,

I've noticed my system sometimes places multiple trades in the same industry. Based on how I've coded the system it is doing the right thing but I'd like to diversify my trades and am trying to figure out a way not to act on a signal if I already own a position in the same industry.

The two approaches I can think of are,

1. Use PositionScore. Let's say my current code has PositionScore = RSI() is there a way to extend it to only rank the highest RSI() in each industry?
2. Use the CBT. I see how to get the ticker from the signal and trade objects but I don't see how to get the industry from the ticker string. If I could get the industry within the CBT I think I could then skip signals who's industry I either already own or a previous signal as already been seen.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ron

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/