[amibroker] new pc

  • Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2010 17:31:14 -0000
  • From: "XIAOFEI" <roc_intl@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [amibroker] new pc

Hi, guys,

I plan to buy a desk top only for auto trading.

My intended trading 4-6 futures in multi chart windows(1 future in 1 open window with AFL indicator on); Trading signals tend to be at the end of bars, say around 58 or 59 second at the 1 min bars. If the chart refreshes or rendering delay, the trade signals could disappear at the beginning of the next bars.

I compare the calculation time of same AFL script on 2 different PCs:

0.005 seconds on an old Windows XP desk top (only 1G RRM);
0.05 seconds on a dual cord windows vista lap top.

It seems windows vista consumes more memories than it adds. Windows XP can run AFL quicker. However there is GDI lock to allow only 1 chart refresh at one time in all previous versions Windows except Windows 7. The Windows 7 allows multi charts to refresh at the same time.

So my choice should be a PC with Windows 7 operating system. Am I correct?

I would like to have the inputs from you.

Brgds/Bill Zheng

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/

    amibroker-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx