Re: [amibroker] Re: Synchronizing files between Windows 7, XP computers, and online storage

  • Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 14:24:34 -0500
  • From: Herman <psytek@xxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [amibroker] Re: Synchronizing files between Windows 7, XP computers, and online storage

In summary, these programs were mentioned:

1) Synchronize It! http://www.grigsoft.com/winsin.htm
2) Live Sync http://sync.live.com/
3) Sync Toy http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=c26efa36-98e0-4ee9-a7c5-98d0592d8c52&displaylang=en

I would like to add MS Live Mesh beta (with online storage):
https://www.mesh.com/welcome/default.aspx

If you are working in a team file synchronization over the Internet is
very useful. It allows you to distribute trading tasks, like Scans,
Explorations, Backtests, WFs, Documentation, etc. and save all the
results to a shared folder that can be accessed by any partner. This
reduces duplication of workdrastically reduce the number of emails needed to share everything.

In view of the new MS programs (free) like Live Desktop, Remote
Desktop, Office Live, etc. you might want to consider migrating to
Windows 7. I switched some weeks ago and most of the problems I had
were due to porting and testing many program for the W7 environment.
Everything has been running fine now for about a week.

I am happy to put my LAN on the back burner. I always run into problems
setting it up and maintaining it. It is high time to either hide it
(make it more friendly) or replace it. It looks like MS is working on
that.

Best regards,
herman

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****