Re: [amibroker] Re: Why does changing the commission change the number of trades?

  • Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 16:56:09 +0100
  • From: Tomasz Janeczko <groups@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [amibroker] Re: Why does changing the commission change the number of trades?

Hello,

Change in commission changes the profit/loss. Such changes in
profit/loss ADD to available equity. Change in available equity
may lead to:
a) entering trades of different size
b) entering trades of different symbols (for example if equity is
greater and previously given trade was not possible due to insufficient
funds)
c) not entering some trades (ones that you don't have enough funds for)
and/or entering others

If such things happen, it usually means that you don't have proper
position sizing and proper position scoring in your formula,
because these two (position size and position score) provide
fine-grained control.

Anyway there is nothing "suspicious" in that - it is normal. If you have
doubts ALWAYS RUN BACKTEST in "DETAILED REPORT" mode
it will tell you why and when given trade can be taken or not.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****