Re: [amibroker] Updating Intraday Database for Splits/Dividends

  • Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2009 10:41:07 -0800 (PST)
  • From: B S <bs2167@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [amibroker] Updating Intraday Database for Splits/Dividends

I'm somewhat surprised that there isn't more information available on this issue - certainly its one that anyone working with intraday data but doing more than daytrading, would need to address.

For anyone interested, below is what I have decided to do - please feel free to comment or make suggestions on better solutions.  Also, if anyone knows of a data provider that will provide both real time data and an intraday database that is frequently updated for split/dividend adjustments, a recommendation would be much appreciated.

1. Add data from current "raw" real time feed to the stored local historical intraday "adjusted" database
2. At the end of each day, get yahoo daily closing prices for all symbols in the database and multiply all prices in the intraday database by (Adj. Close / Close)

This is messy and far from ideal, but aside from keeping two separate databases (one for backtesting and one for trading) and having to manually check if a live signal is erroneously coming from a corporate event price change, I'm not sure what else to do.  Still hoping that someone has something better.