[amibroker] Re: How to make Range Bars

  • Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2009 15:02:57 -0000
  • From: "dbwyatt_1999" <dbw451@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [amibroker] Re: How to make Range Bars

For range charts, make sure you have "Tick size" set properly for your symbol.  Display the Symbol information window (Symbol->Information...), scroll down to Contract Specification and make sure "Tick Size" is set to 0.5 for the FTSE.

The time displayed for a bar can be configured in Tools->Preferences...  Go to the Intraday tab and choose how you want compressed bar timestamps displayed.  Also, you can use the Custom N-tick/N-volume/range chart settings to create a few default range chart timeframes that you can access by right clicking on a chart and selecting Intraday-><your custom range>.

Tick data works the best for range charts.  Anything else usually results in varying range bar sizes.

Regards,

David

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/