Re: [amibroker] Re: RAM Disk vs In Memory Database

  • Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 19:00:16 +0100
  • From: Tomasz Janeczko <groups@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [amibroker] Re: RAM Disk vs In Memory Database

Hello,

When installing both, make sure to install to separate directories to
avoid conflict between different plugins.

Actually, there is no size limit per se.  On certain circumstances (low
symbol count, large number of bars per symbol), you can exceed 4GB
easily.  With large symbol count there is limit on number of symbols in
the cache (20000) and that is limiting factor.  AmiBroker itself may use
more RAM if necessary because RAM is not only needed for cache but also
for intermediate / temporary memory during backtests.

Yes you are the first who actually wants to use such large caches, and
you need to understand that this is hardly critical (the only gain is
little more speed)

As I wrote this is on the to-do list. I can not give you release date,
however.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com