[amibroker] Copying Files to a Laptop

  • Date: Mon, 07 Dec 2009 12:32:01 -0000
  • From: "ics4mer" <ics4mer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [amibroker] Copying Files to a Laptop

Hi all,

Sorry to raise this subject again - but I have been looking in the old postings and I haven't been able to get any joy.

I have added some new Symbols a new Market and a few indicators and I want to copy this from a desktop to a laptop.

I thought that the easiest way would be just to copy the entire C:\...\Amibroker directory to a portable harddrive and onto the laptop (Same address C:\...\Amibroker) When I do this new market and the new symbols do not appear at all in the "Symbols" tab.

If I look in the data directory, I can see the new symbols in the appropriate subfolder, but they do not show up in the application.

Subsequently,
- I uninstalled AB,
- deleted the C:\...\Amibroker directory,
- deleted the registry key nodes
      HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\TJP
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\TJP
- reinstalled AB (fresh download from website)
- re-registered AB

Now at this point, I haven't reinstalled the data, but as far as I can understand, it should be a "clean install", however, it is showing some of the markets that I regularly use which aren't part of the AB installation - SFE and ASX - and it is showing all the symbols, but with no data. If I look in the data directory, the symbols don't exist.

This implies there's still some information lying around which AB is using, and that I haven't managed to "clean" the existing version of AB from the system.

Can anyone suggest any ideas?

The setup is as follows:
   Running AB 5.20.
   Trying to copy from Windows XP to Vista (32 bit)

TIA

Robert Z

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/