Re: [amibroker] Advancing Stocks Scan or Exploration

  • Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 17:21:35 -0800
  • From: "NW Trader" <ta4charts@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [amibroker] Advancing Stocks Scan or Exploration

Hi Alan,

With AB there's usually more than one way to skin a cat.  I prefer explorations over scans for most purposes as I can display more information about the output beyond buy and sell.

For example, I have an more extensive market relationships exploration, a snippet of which follows which does what you asked about (I think).  This needs ver 5.2 or higher to run to total the columns of the exploration.  The benefit for me is that I am calculating a number of relationships (e.g., price up & volume down) besides just price up and price down and I can display them all after one exploration as a line of code at the top of the exploration.

Peace and Justice   ---   Patrick

//  =============================================================

/*

PRICE--Volume RELATIONSHIPS

Run this exploration on different watchlists for S&P 500, Russell 2000, NAZ 100, etc, stocks.

BREADTH

Breadth is a term referring to the number of rising versus the number of falling stocks.

Breadth offers an alternative method of judging strength -- versus market averages.

Breadth Grouping: Any group of stocks that have something in common. example the 500 stocks of the S&P 500 can be used as a Breadth Grouping (which I do). A group of bellwethers (which we choose subjectively, according to our own experience) can serve as a Breadth Grouping. The Semiconductor index compontnts as an example. Another is the Naz largest market cap stocks.

/*

Version(5.20); // requires v5.20

Filter = 1;

BreadthUP = C > Ref( C, -1 );

BreadthDown = C < Ref( C, -1 );

AddColumn(C, "Last ", 3.2, colorYellow, colorBlue, 75);

AddColumn(IIf(BreadthUP, 1, 0) , "BreadthUP", 8.0, colorWhite, colorDarkGreen );

AddColumn(IIf(BreadthDown, 1, 0) , "BreadthDown", 8.0, colorRed, colorBlack );

AddSummaryRows(1,3.0,4,5);