Re: [amibroker] Advancing Stocks Scan or Exploration

  • Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 10:48:43 -0600
  • From: Alan Northam <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [amibroker] Advancing Stocks Scan or Exploration

Hi Prashanth:

Yes this is what I am trying to do and thanks for the code.  I tried the code and got error messages for both the Scan and Exploration modes.  I am trying to resolve the errors.

Regards,
Alan

Prashanth wrote:

Hello,

If you are looking to get the figure of Advancing Stocks (stocks that have
closed above yesterday's close) and Declining Stocks, you could use Add to
Composite to create a ticker so that you can co-relate today's figure with
historical figure.

To do this, just place the following in a AFL and hit Scan (All Symbols, All
Quotations). When the scan finishes, you should be able to get 2 tickers for
Advancing, Declining stocks.

Filter = 1;
AddToComposite(IIf(Close - Ref(Close, -1) > 0, 1, 0), "~Adv", "X" );
AddToComposite(IIf(Ref(Close, -1) - Close > 0, 1, 0), "~Dec", "X" );

Cheers

Prashanth