[amibroker] Re: COPYRIGHT

This is really a very simple subject ...

Those that can Trade ...

Those that can't sell a variety of systems, news letters, market
sites etc etc.

If you think about it why would anyone sell a system that had any
probability of success for $300 ?

What's a winning systems really worth ? ... Well if one had $1 mm and
a system that could make 20% per year on relatively small draw downs
even in enviornments like the last year or so then it's worth a hell
of a lot more than $300, isn't it ?

The reality is good systems aren't sold, nor are they advertised nor
for the most part are they even discussed openly.

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "brian_z111" <brian_z111@xxx> wrote:

> Yes, this is a very real problem in trading.
>
> The 'industry' already has nearly 100 years of history and
thousands
> of 'traders, many of whom have been armed with computers for a
least
> a decade, and are highly skilled analysts to boot, have been
pouring
> over the same data.
>
> As I said before, our field of endeavour is actually very small, if
> we confine our discussion to stock trading (exotic instruments and
IT
> [...]
> there is copyright on them  ???
> > Personnaly when they are published in a review I consider them in
> the public domain.
> >
> > MG
> >

> > To: amibroker@: ohneclue@: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 12:05:28 -
> 0800Subject: Re: [amibroker] Re: COPYRIGHT
> >

> > Whenever you write something, you own the copyright to it such --
> even these posts are the IP of the individual poster and they own
the
> copyright to the contents.  Yahoo does not own it, the group owner
> does not own it and in the Yahoo TOS, this is so stated.
> >
> > In another group that suffers from overt estrogen overloaded, 1
> person wrote a guide, lifted whole posts of other members and put
> them in her guide (without credit or permission) that she sold and
> was called on it.  The person who was charging for the information
> had to refund money and revise her guide to be strictly and
> exclusively her own words.  That is an example of copyright
violation.

> > I use and quote George C Lane and his application of the
stochastic
> formula all the time and it is NOT a violation of copyright because
> the settings are mine that I have played around with, I give credit
> where I have learned something from someone else such as David
> Elliott about stochastics settings, etc., and don't lift entire
> paragraphs or words in the same series as their works.  These are
not
> copyright violations.  These come under the fair and free use
concept.

> > If I am discussing something from a trading book or manual that
is
> copyrighted  and put it into my own words even though it is not my
> original idea, that is not a violation of copyright.
> >
> > If I write a book or prepare a PP presentation and pass the work
> off as my own when it is based on someone else's work and the
charts
> are THEIRS I lifted entirely, word for word or exactly the same
> indicator settings, other than my own stochastic settings I've
> developed, and sell it, that is a violation of copyright.
> >
> > The two elements are:  passing stuff off as your own when you
> copied it from someone else and selling it as your own idea.
> >
> > Judith
> >

> > From: Barry Scarborough <razzbarry@>To: amibroker@: Friday,
> December 19, 2008 10:32:28 PMSubject: [amibroker] Re: COPYRIGHT
> >
> > No. It appears there is a lot of confusion on copyright laws. A
> good discussion is at http://en.wikipedia .org/wiki/ Copyrights. OF
> course this isn't official but it is an easier read than the law
> books. People like Wilder published his works so others could
benefit
> from his discoveries. What the copyright laws do is prevent someone
> from copying his work and selling it. But the intellectual property
> he disclosed is for our use. Why else would he publish it?Barry---
In

**** IMPORTANT ****