[amibroker] Re: parameters

There are a couple of ways to do this. When I build an indicator I copy
the code from ABs indicator folder into a new formula file and rename
it. Then I add other indicators in the same formula to make a system of
indicators and whatever rules apply. If you assign default parameters
in you new formula then those will follow the chart created by your new
indicator and will not follow the indicators on other charts.

Then if you want to tailor the parameters for specific symbols on your
new chart use and IF statement and change the parameters when a
predefined symbol is displayed and use the default for all other
symbols.

pCCI = param("CCI period", 15, 2, 50);
if(name() == "IWM") pCCI = 12;
if(name() == "QQQQ") pCCI = 18;
fCCI = CCI(pCCI);

Now your calculations for CCI follow the symbol name or use the default.

Barry

**** IMPORTANT ****