[amibroker] Re: Multi Timeframe Signals

Hello,

I understand that, multiple timeframes can be useful in some cases
but, as a matter of principle (in the simple case of 40 week MA) -
What is the difference between switching to weekly MA(40) and
displaying MA(200) = MA(40 x 5) on daily???

In which case one can not simply multiply daily indicator parameters
by 5 because the result may be incorrect?

Regards
Richard

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Rajiv Arya <rajivarya87@xxx> wrote:

> Check the timeframe in the preference section of the AA window. It
should be less than the timeframefast and timeframeslow.

> Hope that helps
>

> To: amibroker@xxx: yund@xxx: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 02:50:33 +0000Subject:
[amibroker] Multi Timeframe Signals

> I trying to optimize some parameters using multiple time frames.
I'm getting the Buy/Sell signals but the signals are not there when
I "Scan" or "Back Test".Can someone help me with this?Here is an
example://////// Code Snipit - BeginTimeFrameSet
(TimeFrameFast);CCIFast = CCI(PeriodFast );TimeFrameRestore
();TimeFrameSet(TimeFrameSlow);CCISlow = CCI
(PeriodSlow );TimeFrameRestore();CCIBuyExFast = TimeFrameExpand
(CCIFast, TimeFrameFast);CCIBuyExSlow = TimeFrameExpand(CCISlow,
TimeFrameSlow);Buy = Cross(CCIBuyExFast, CCIBuyExSlow);//////// Code
Snipit - EndThe signal is there when i:Plot( Buy , "CCI Buy - " +
PeriodFast, colorGreen );But nothing in "Scan" or "Back Test", please
help !!Thank you,-Dave

> Send e-mail faster without improving your typing skills.
> http://windowslive.com/Explore/hotmail?
ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_hotmail_acq_speed_122008

**** IMPORTANT ****