[amibroker] Re: erratic eSignal backfill

I use eS - I am not a heavy user or particularly knowledgeable.

I have also had this occur.

I concluded it was because I was exceeding my symbol limit.... I was a
bit surprised about this.

eS allow unlimited symbols, theoretically, but only x number at a time
(I have the base 200).

I expected to be able to backfill (exploration) with an unlimited no.
of symbopls because it is not using them simultaneously (streaming) as
per the quote window ..... the AB manual says that the AB plugin
rotates a symbol out of the list as it is filled and enters the next
one .... logically I assume the plugin can present the request to eS
servers one symbol at a time so why should it lock up on excess symbols?

Anyway, it does.

I didn't reach a conclusion whether the AB plugin wasn't doing what the
manual said it would or if I was misunderstanding something.

I think eS is cutting off the download.

The only solution I found was to batch the download via watchlists (as
per D's suggestion) ... I do manually turn off the plugin after each
batch ... not sure if I need to .... instinct told me to do that and I
didn't push it because of the effort required.

Perhaps you could check with AB support if the symbol rotation feature
was/is/should be working OR has that been discontinued for some reason.

I believe it would work if you find a way to auto start AB and batch
explore etc

brian_z

**** IMPORTANT ****