[amibroker] Re: Referencing the backtested portfolio equity in the buy formula

Setting PosSize to 0 has the same effect as setting Price to -1. They
both cancel the signal.

Setting the liquidity as the PositionScore might be problematic when
there are multiple signals for the bar. I seem to recall something
along the lines of AB ignoring signals beyond twice the number of max
positions permitted by the strategy, sorted by PositionScore.

Mike

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Steve Davis" <_sdavis@xxx> wrote:

> Couple of things you can do here. First, to cancel a signal, set the
> sig.Price = -1. Secondly, avoid SetForeign inside the CBT signal
loop.
> Execution will be too slow. Instead, you should compute the
liquidity
> array outside the CBT and pass it to the CBT in either the
PositionSize
> [...]
> liquidity array in the PositionSize array.
>
> function RestrictTrades(bo)
> {
>    for (i = 0; i < BarCount; i++)
>    {
>      for (sig = bo.GetFirstSignal(i); sig; sig = bo.GetNextSignal
(i))
>      {
>        if (sig.IsEntry())
>        {
>          liquidity = sig.PosSize;
>          if (Liquidity < bo.Equity)
>            sig.Price = -1; // Cancel this trade because the limit
price
> will not be reached
>          else
>            sig.PosSize = -100; // or whatever position size you want
>        }
>      } // signal loop
>      bo.ProcessTradeSignals(i);
>    } // bar loop
> }
>

> PositionSize = MA(C,5)*MA(V,5)*50;
> Buy = ...
>
> SetOption("UseCustomBacktestProc", true);
> if (Status("action") == actionPortfolio )
> {
>    bo = GetBacktesterObject();
>    bo.PreProcess();
>    RestrictTrades(bo);
>    bo.PostProcess();
> }
>

> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "zozuzoza" <zozuka@> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Do you have an idea why the below code does not work? I would
> > appreciate any help as I am stucked. I would like to insert the
> > condition into the buy condition
> > MA(C,5)*MA(V,5)*50>Foreign("~~~EQUITY", "C") i.e. if the equity
> > grows, the non liquid stocks will be ignored. Obviously, it does
not
> > work as above so I wanted to use the following custom backtester
> > procedure.
> >
> > Buy=Cross(RSI(),20);
> > Sell=Cross(20,RSI());
> > SetOption("UseCustomBacktestProc", True );
> > if (Status("action") == actionPortfolio) {
> > bo = GetBacktesterObject();
> > bo.PreProcess();
> > for (bar = 0; bar < BarCount; bar++) {
> > for (sig = bo.GetFirstSignal(bar); sig; sig =
> > bo.GetNextSignal(bar))
> > {
> > if (sig.IsEntry())
> > {
> > SetForeign(sig.Symbol);
> > Liquidity = MA(C,5)*MA(V,5)*50;
> > RestorePriceArrays();
> > if (Liquidity[bar] < bo.Equity)
> > {
> > sig.PosSize = 0;
> > }
> > }
> > }
> > bo.ProcessTradeSignals(bar);
> > }
> > bo.PostProcess();
> > }
> >

> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "zozuzoza" zozuka@ wrote:
> > >
> > > Thank you, Mike. I managed to solve the trace. I inserted the
> > > _TRACE(sig.symbol+" PosSize="+sig.PosSize+" Equity="+bo.Equity+"
PosScore="+sig.PosScore);
> > > and it outputted the properties, altough I don't know how to
trace
> > > trade properties since it is a mid-level interface code but I
will
> > > play with it a bit more.
> > >
> > > Looking at the trace, I couldn't figure out why your code does
not
> > > work. It gives the same result whether I paste the code or
delete
> > it.
> > > It doesn't change anything.
> > >
> > > May I ask you to try the code you mentioned below, just add any
> > > buy,sell rules. Does it make any difference for you?
> > >
> > > Thank you,
> > > Zozu

AFL

> > from