[amibroker] Re: Is it possible to Connect Multiple AB instances to a single TWS

Do you realize you can run multiple trading programs in one instance
of AB? All you have to do is create a new default sheet for each
instance you want to run. Set each up to trade the symbol you want.
Then when you have them set up go to Window and arrange them
vertically. Once you get it set up as you want go to Layout and save
the layout and default layout and exit the program. When you restart
it you should have the layout you just saved.

I have run up to 4 instances this way. Now that I have multiple
monitors I could probably run 6 to 9 at once. The huge caveat is that
you must have static variables that are different for each instance
or they will interact. I use a var prefix for the static vars that
uses the filename + symbol(). An example of this is

VarPfx = filename + symbol();
StaticVarSet(VarPfx + "OrderID", orderid);

That way I can use the same trading program for each symbol and they
will not interact.

The second caveat is that you cannot use cancelAll or closeAll in any
program on the same system because it will do exactly as you request,
cancel or close all orders on TWS.

A fast system can handle many auto trading programs with ease. TWS
only updates the tick three times a second. If you use a data feed
that sends all ticks that may make a difference but I think any fast
system still could handle the load.

Barry

**** IMPORTANT ****