Re: [amibroker] Time stamping an array

If you find one, please post your solution. Right now the only solution is to create an array in Excel and import it each 5 sec :-) this is a rather daunting task in real-time. Tomasz acknowledged the key problem in the AB Help for the foreign() function:

"Please note that if you have data holes in currently selected symbol then in order to synchronize bars Foreign function will remove bars that exist in Foreign symbol but do not exist in currently selected symbol."

This unscientific approach makes the accuracy of all TA analysis depend on the underlying ticker. It assumes a perfect database which, in EOD is rare, and in real time simply does not exist.

What is needed is a real-time reference array that can be made current and contains bars for all time periods, i.e. creates empty bars in real-time when data doesn't exist.

best regards,

herman

For tips on developing Real-Time Auto-Trading systems visit:

http://www.amibroker.org/userkb/