Re: [amibroker] Re: Yahoo and this forum

Hello,

Some clarification as we have heard various "ideas" how AB list works
that are far from true:

The messages may be delayed due to Yahoo problems but they appear
(they may appear out of order due to delays).
No message is deleted except for just-joined-first-post-is-spam scenario as explained below.

The AmiBroker mailing list is NOT actively moderated.

The only moderation that occurs applies to those who JUST JOINED
the list, so their VERY FIRST post is held to avoid spammers joining
in and posting advertising/spam material.

Once first non-advertising e-mail is posted, the member is switched
to regular delivery which means that his/her posts are posted on the list
DIRECTLY, WITHOUT ANY checking.
It does NOT matter what subject of your e-mail is, it goes through all the time,
once first post was not a spam.

If we did not do the first post check method, the list would be flooded with spam.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com