From: Herman [mailto:psytek@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: 12/24/2007 4:19 PM
To: AmiBroker Users Group; Barry Scarborough; dbw451
Subject: Re: [amibroker] AB tick bar analysis

It seems that all my emails to Yahoo are blocked... I try this more direct way.

wrt to IB data you may want to read two posts on the Users' Knowledge Base that report on my experience with IB data: High-Frequency Automated Trading: Part 1 and Part 2 that deal with IB data.

While I work in the 5 Sec timeframe the problems you experience may well be related. The first thing to consider is whether you are comparing real-time data with backfilled data. As the posts illustrate these two types of data are very different. Something not mentioned in the posts is that it would make sense for IB to calculate/stagger their snapshots to save bandwidth. This would mean that different traders would see slightly different data. If a few user got together this could be easily verified by collecting a data sample for the same time period.

To compare data visually you might want to create a composite and plot the two (or more) types of data on the same chart. Easier to see than columns of numbers. See the posts on how to do that.

Best regards,

herman

For tips on developing Real-Time Auto-Trading systems visit:

http://www.amibroker.org/userkb/