[amibroker] Re: Purchasing Amibroker

Walter,

> In short, what Amibroker version and add-ons do you recommend?

Everybody is different (it really depends on your trading style) but
as I rule of thumb, IMO, the easiest route is to start with the
Standard version and Yahoo data.

There's no need to buy data until the initial AB learning is under
your belt (the exception is hardened traders and/or those with top
shelf computing skills who just jump straight into it).

The standard version can work with 1 minute databases anyway so
unless you are interested in tick data there's no need for the Pro
version - the exception is Time and Sales etc (you need the Pro for
that).

RT data adds an additional workload in managing data so you have to
really need it to go to the trouble.
IMO once you find you need it then upgrade to the Pro.
If you don't know why you want it you don't need it.

brian_z

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Walter Lepore"
<electricwally77@xxx> wrote:

> Hi Members
>
> Not a relevent question here but please bear with me. I'd like to
> purchase Amibroker today and was wondering what version you guys are
> using (Standard or Pro) and if the AFL code Wizard is included in
the
> Standard or Professional Edition.
>
> I am running the trial version and the AFL Code Wizard is included
in
> the trial version under Analysis-AFL Code Wizard.
>
> I see that the Amibroker Ultimate Pack Pro is being made available
for
> $377 US and the upgrades for the Amiquote and the AFL Code Wizard
are
> free for lifetime. Does this mean if I purchase AmiQuote and AFL
Code
> Wizard separately then the upgrades are not free?
>
> I'm learning the AFL code but like using the AFL Code Wizard until
I'm
> able to code directly. It makes life a little easier.
>
> Do I need the Amiquote now. I'd be downloading data from yahoo
until I
> eventually hook up with Esigna. I don't see any purpose in turning
on
> esignal at this point since I'm completely new to back testing.
Unless