[amibroker] Re: Indicator Application and Multiple Machines

Brian,

Thanks for your kind comments.

I would anticipate making myself available for AFL consultancy work at some point in the future after I've increased my direct experience with it and become more familiar with more of the particulars.  I'm still in the process of getting used to the "AB way", as well as getting clearer for myself on what kinds of jobs and configurations AB is most excellently suited for compared to other softwares I and my clients might use.

Regarding UKB vs. CodeForTraders.com - being an independent professional developer of trading software provides me with some extra concerns beyond those of a private trader only.  To mention a few:

The continuous availability of my work cannot be guaranteed on a site controlled by others.

Free-ranging discussion about using "best of breed" technology to solve different problems and succeed in the markets is generally not permitted on platform vendor sites (which only want discussion of their own platforms).

Unmoderated sites can have a high level of "noise" to "signal".

So, for these reasons and others, I took it on myself to establish CFT and maintain it into the future.  It's a rock to build on (for myself, my clients, and other traders/developers who need the same freedoms), rather than a shifting sandbar.

As for the UKB itself, I think it is great!  Clearly some excellent material is being written and posted, and the overall value will only continue to increase over time as more is added.  As long as UKB accomodates links, I'll be happy to ensure that substantive AB-related code, instruction, or commentary of mine can be found and reached from UKB.

As I see it, a community is larger than a site.  Platform sites, user sites, blogs, 3rd party sites - to me it is all good.  We live in an age where communication and cooperation are making great strides.  The link is the master key.  Everyone who wants to be associated can be associated.  Everyone who wants to cooperate and collaborate can cooperate and collaborate.

The question is no longer "Whom can you keep within your walls?", it is instead "Whom can you reach with your bridges?"

Cheers!