[amibroker] Re: using 1 minute data to get pivot on daily chart - please help

I am disappointed if what you say is so. Seems like the data could be
retrieved regardless of the timeframe of the chart. Afterall, the
data exists .... it is just a question of how to access it .....
Larry

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "scourt2000" <stevehite@xxx> wrote:

> Larry,
>
> All of this timeframe "stuff" works in one direction: data pulled
> from higher timeframes down to lower timeframes.   You cannot go in
> the opposite direction.
>
> If you have a 1-minute chart, then it's no problem to get daily
info
> and plot it on that 1-minute chart.  But I'm pretty sure it's a no
go
> to be in a daily chart and then try to pull in minute-based data
onto
> that daily chart (at least not through the time-based functions).
>
> Note: this is an Amibroker implementation issue.  For example, in
> eSignal, it's no problem to be in a daily chart and then have the
> script behind the chart pull in minute-based data for the same or
> different symbol.
>

> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "onelkm" <LKMCD1@> wrote:
> >
> > I am trying to pivot from todays price at 9:35 instead of at the
> 9:30
> > open which is too volitile. I then want to plot the pivot price
on
> > daily chart. This is what I have so far, but something doesn't
> work.
> > The price at 9:35 is empty on the daily chart. Should be easy,
but
> I've
> > spent hours looking at posts and help files. Could someone give
me
> some
> > help?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Larry
> >
> > TimeFrameSet(in1Minute);
> > price935=ValueWhen(TimeNum()==093500 ,C,1); // price at
> does
> > not work!
> > TimeFrameRestore();
> >
> > price935xx = TimeFrameExpand(price935,in1Minute,expandFirst);
> > Plot( TimeFrameExpand

(price935,in1Minute,expandFirst),"price935",colorYellow,styleStaircase