[amibroker] Re: Premium data service

Hi Brian

Had a reply back from Premiun Data today:

We've gone through a longer-than-expected testing process but should be in a position to provide this database in the coming few weeks.  I can't provide an exact release date but I can definitely let you know as soon as it's released.

 The database doesn't have historical index constituent listings... this is something we'll have to research and provide another time ? probably not within the next 3 months.  The good news is that we have the underlying data but we need to ensure that it fits exactly on a day-by-day basis.  For packages such as AmiBroker, we'll probably provide some sort of plugin so you can easily see what is and isn't a constituent on a particular day.  This is a moving target due to all of the code changes that occur on the US stocks but given our extensive historical database we should be OK.

Looks good for the future but not ready yet.

I have also contacted Prophet and TBSP.  They do not supply delisted data.

Regards

Haders

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "brian_z111" <brian_z111@xxx> wrote:

> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "haders2003" haders2003@ wrote:
> >
> > Hi
> >
> > I notice that a number of posts (eg #106663) refer to the fact that
> > premium data provides delisted stocks as well as current. Can
> anyone
> > confirm this?
> >
> > I've tried contacting them directly but they are slow to answer.
> The
> > free trail they offer, which includes complete database of all
> stocks
> > starting with the letter A, does not include any delisted
> securities.
> >
> > Any other sugggestions on how to obtain a 20 year database of US
> stocks,
> > delisted and current, would be much appreciated.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Haders
> >

> Hello Haders,
>
> According to their promotional material:
>
> http://www.csidata.com/
>
> I haven't tried them personally - other Ami owners do use their
> service.
>
> I'm starting to build up some detailed notes on data providers to
> supplement AB's notes in the manual so if you do try CSI or find
> anyone else I would appreciate any feedback to this forum.
>
> brian_z
>
> http://www.amibroker.org/userkb/category/data/