From: brian_z111
Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2007 7:56 PM
Subject: [amibroker] Re: How to get last Signal in Explore

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxps.com, "Prashanth" <prash454.ta@...> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Suppose I have a formula which gives me Buy / Sell signals. Suppose
Buy is given on Day 1 when the ticker is scanned. On Day 2, there is no
signal, same for day 3, 4 and 5 till on the 6th day I get a Sell Signal.

> Is there a way to get which Signal is currently active for the scrip
on say Day3 (I.e., if I give a Explore on Day 3, it should tell me
currently we are in Buy Mode).

> I believe the syntax is quite simple, but unable to come up with the
same and hence require help in that regard.

> Thanks in Advance
>
> Prashanth

Hello Prashanth,

This might be what you want.

FLIP
- Trading system toolbox
(AFL 1.5)

SYNTAX flip( ARRAY1, ARRAY2 )
RETURNS ARRAY
FUNCTION works as a flip/flop device or "latch" (electronic/electric
engineers will know what I mean)
returns 1 from the first occurence of "true" signal in Array1
until a "true" occurs in Array2 which resets the state back to zero
unil next "true" is detected in Array1...
EXAMPLE buy = ExRem( buy, sell );
buy = Flip( buy, sell ); // this essentially reverts the process of
ExRem - multiple signals are back again

You can assign it to a variable and check if variable == 1 while still
in the buy condition.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Brian_z