[amibroker] Re: Passing a variable into the Ref() function

Hello Thomasz,

Many Thanks for your comments... including the point above too much
redundancy in the code. Not being a programmer its clear a have a lot
to learn!!!!

Kind Regards,

Chorlton

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tomasz Janeczko" <groups@xxx>
wrote:

> It works. But apparenty one of AND condition parts are not met.
> Always use the exploration to find out why your code does not work.
> Display every column as exploration
> BTW: lots of redundancy in your code. IIF not needed.
Multiplicaiton not needed.

> The code below will allow you to find the answers yourself. Run as
exploration and see

> x = H == HHV(H, 30);
> y = - BarsSince(x);
>
> Buy1 = x AND AccDist() > Ref(AccDist(), y);
> Buy2 = x AND AccDist() > Ref(AccDist(),-5);
>
> PlotShapes( shapeUpArrow*Buy1, colorGreen, 0, L, -10 );
> PlotShapes( shapeUpArrow*Buy2, colorBlue, 0, H, -10 );
>
> Filter = 1;
> AD = AccDist();
> AddColumn( x, "x" );
> AddColumn( Ref( AD, y ), "Ref(AD,y)" );
> AddColumn( AD, "AccDist" );
>

> Best regards,
> Tomasz Janeczko
> amibroker.com

function.
> > However, if Ref() can accept variables then can you explain what
I'm
> > doing wrong?
> >
> > Any help much appreciated,
> >
> > Chorlton
> >
> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tomasz Janeczko" <groups@>
> > wrote:
> >>
> >> Ref accepts variable periods So all these workarounds are not
> > required.
> >>
> >> Ref( C, -x ) works perfectly fine.
> >>
> >> Best regards,
> >> Tomasz Janeczko