[amibroker] Re: Passing a variable into the Ref() function

Hello Tomasz,

If Ref() accepts variable periods, can you clarify why the code below
doesn't work?

x = IIf(H == HHV(H, 30), 1, 0);
y = BarsSince(x);
y = y*-1;

Buy1 = x AND AccDist() > Ref(AccDist(),y);
Buy2 = x AND AccDist() > Ref(AccDist(),-5);

PlotShapes( shapeUpArrow*Buy1, colorGreen, 0, L, -10 );
PlotShapes( shapeUpArrow*Buy2, colorBlue, 0, H, -10 );

The Buy2 signal will plot with no problems but the Buy1 signal won't.
I assumed this was because of the variable y in the Ref() function.
However, if Ref() can accept variables then can you explain what I'm
doing wrong?

Any help much appreciated,

Chorlton

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tomasz Janeczko" <groups@xxx>
wrote:

> Ref accepts variable periods So all these workarounds are not
required.

> Ref( C, -x ) works perfectly fine.
>
> Best regards,
> Tomasz Janeczko