[amibroker] Re: How to Backtest Signals Imported from External File?

Hello Joel,

Another way?
If you are adventurous! (I don't give money back guarantees though).

Add a third column to your signal as data e.g. 1 or a value that
quantifies the strength of your signal.

ASCII import the 'data' into the OI field (the data will enter as
symbol specific and only have a value for the symbol on the day of
your signal).

(The OI field has no use outside of futures trading - for equity
traders it is a 'spare' field - lots of traders stuff things into it).

If it is a long term ongoing project, with your signals continually
updating, the ODBC plug in should give you dynamic access to your
signal from an external file (Access or SQL).

Cheers,

Brian_Z

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "onlyobsession2k3" <jmpatton@xxx>