[amibroker] Need help with GetPerformanceCounter()

Sorry for the cross posting, I can't get an answer anywhere to this problem. Is nobody using the Performance counter???

Perhaps someone here can explain what i am doing wrong. I want the measure elapsed time at various stages of my code. I reset the timer and read it repeatedly I expected to get a cumulative elapsed time value. However this doesn't seem to work for me, I use this testing code:

ElapsedTime = GetPerformanceCounter(True);

_TRACE("#1 Elapsed time: "+NumToStr(ElapsedTime,1.3));

ElapsedTime = GetPerformanceCounter(True);

_TRACE("#2 Elapsed time: "+NumToStr(ElapsedTime,1.3));

ElapsedTime = GetPerformanceCounter(True);

_TRACE("#3 Elapsed time: "+NumToStr(ElapsedTime,1.3));

ElapsedTime = GetPerformanceCounter(False);

_TRACE("#4 Elapsed time: "+NumToStr(ElapsedTime,1.3));

ElapsedTime = GetPerformanceCounter(False);

_TRACE("#5 Elapsed time: "+NumToStr(ElapsedTime,1.3));

ElapsedTime = GetPerformanceCounter(False);

_TRACE("#6 Elapsed time: "+NumToStr(ElapsedTime,1.3));

ElapsedTime = GetPerformanceCounter(False);

_TRACE("#7 Elapsed time: "+NumToStr(ElapsedTime,1.3));

ElapsedTime = GetPerformanceCounter(False);

_TRACE("#8 Elapsed time: "+NumToStr(ElapsedTime,1.3));

_TRACE("#");

and I get this output:

[3176] #1 Elapsed time: 9505696.000

[3176] #2 Elapsed time: 0.142

[3176] #3 Elapsed time: 0.062

[3176] #4 Elapsed time: 0.061

[3176] #5 Elapsed time: 9505696.000

[3176] #6 Elapsed time: 9505696.000

[3176] #7 Elapsed time: 9505696.000

[3176] #8 Elapsed time: 9505696.000

[3176] #

Probably a dumb question, but how come output lines 5-8 do not show cumulative change wrt to the last reset?

many thanks for any help you can give,

herman

For Real-Time Auto-Trading Solutions visit the AmiBroker Users' Knowledge Base (UKB):

http://www.amibroker.org/userkb/

For specific Real-Time Auto-Trading solutions visit:

http://www.amibroker.org/userkb/category/real-time-auto-trading/

Best regards,

Herman

Wednesday, November 7, 2007, 7:10:06 AM, you wrote: