[amibroker] Re: Real Time Source different from Backfill source

I'm not going to try to defend what I'm doing and the jury is still
out on whether I'll even stick with it. At one time or another I've
probably tried most every popular datafeed: eSignal, DTN, Quotes.com,
QuotesPlus, broker feeds from Cybertrader and Schwab (when they were
different), Ameritrade, IB (just recently), etc. I've usually reached
the conclusion most of the subscription services were overkill for
what I was trying to do (which, naturally, keeps changing too).

I also used to hear horror stories about Yahoo which is what led me to
QuotesPlus (which I liked) but, personally I've never had problems
with it except for an occasional server problem. I also think there
are lots of people on the AB thread who use Yahoo with success.

I'm not trading as intensely as I was in the past and many days I
might just spend a few minutes pre-open and maybe check once or twice
during the day to see what my stocks are doing. This change in
activity level is contributing to my thinking I don't need the
high-fidelity tools (feeds) I used to think I needed.

I agree if something goes wrong with the IQFeed/QT/AB "thread", it
could be hard to troubleshoot. I'm pretty sure I will keep one of my
two IQFeed subscriptions (QT or "full") and I know I'll always have AB
and, probably QT.

I think you have the two best subscription services available (DTN &
QP) and I agree a dual plugin would be nice AND very "convenient".

I'm rambling ... sorry.

Dan