RE: [amibroker] Re: How to determine the number of visible bars on a chart?

BarsVisible = Cum(Status("BarVisible"));

From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Dennis Brown
Sent: Tuesday, August 28, 2007 2:04 PM
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [amibroker] Re: How to determine the number of visible bars on a chart?

Seede,

Thanks, I understand how to change the UI options. I was referring
to an automatic determination of how crowded the bars were --not to
change the spacing --but to modify some of my AFL parameters (like
going to HL cloud instead of bar plots or switching to thin or thick
bars automatically). I don't look at longer timeframes to see more
of a chart, instead I show more bars on the chart because I want to
stay in the same low timeframe to keep my indicators constant. When
day trading, I don't want to be distracted with making a lot of
manual changes to the display. If I can determine beforehand what I
want, I can then program it into AFL.

In fact, figuring out how to change the number of bars displayed in
the chart from AFL is next on my list of things to improve my setup.

Dennis

On Aug 28, 2007, at 1:28 PM, murthysuresh wrote:

> you can either change in ur preferences, charting, default no of
> quotations. i set myself to 75 to see only 3.5 months of quotes at a
> time or you can use the scrollbar slider to make them bigger or you
> can
> use the zoom to make them bigger.
>
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxps.com, Dennis Brown <see3d@xxx> wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am sure I saw how to determine this at some point, but I am having
>> a hard time finding it again.
>>
>> I want to figure out how closely spaced the bars are in the chart to
>> switch some display options to make it more readable when very dense.
>>
>> Dennis

> SUPPORT {at} amibroker.com

> http://www.amibroker.com/devlog/

> http://www.amibroker.com/support.html