[amibroker] Re: Access to fundamental data using QuotesPlus >> AmiQuote

Don,

Are you downloading and updating prices from Yahoo as well? I was
curious about trying this with the Yahoo fundamental data into the QP
database but I ran into the issue that when I tried to maintain
longer price histories than what was available from QP by selecting
local db setting the updates stopped from the QP API. When converted
back to QP as the data source the the shorter period QP data streams
were restored and the previous data lost. I thought the same thing
would happen with the fundamental data but perhaps I do not have the
correct settings to maintain both in the same db.

Regards,

Duke Jones, CMT

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Don Lindberg" <dlindber@xxx> wrote:

> Joe,
> Yes I have both bits of data in the same database. Only necessary
to have
> database settings to "use local database" enabled. As far as the
size of my
> database, My total symbols are 9,263, but I only run my scans
against a
> WatchList that only includes Common Stocks and ADR's which of
course QP is
> nice enough to separate into groups for us. This watchlist contains
a little
> over 5,000 symbols.
>
> Don

QuotesPlus >>
> AmiQuote
>
> Don, from what I'm reading it looks like you import the Yahoo
fundamental
> data in the
> same AB database as holds the Quotes Plus data.  I understand it's
not the
> same data but
> thought that you had to have a separate database.  (I should have
RTFM again
> but didn't before
> asking this question)
>
> Also, how may tickers data are you importing with Amiquote?  6-7000
tickers
> worth?
>
> Guess it would be easy enough to test with a short list and
Amiquote.

> Best regards
> JOE

On Behalf
> Of Keith McCombs
> Sent: Sunday, December 10, 2006 4:52 PM
> To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: [amibroker] Re: Access to fundamental data using
QuotesPlus

> Don --
> Do you have some way to view the GetFnData() values while still
using QP
> data for plotting.  Or are you forever switching back an forth
between QP
> data and Yahoo data?  If you don't need to switch back and forth,
how come?

> BTW, what's with faint_grain.jpg?
> Thanks.
> -- Keith
>
> Don Lindberg wrote:
> Chris,
> I use Quotes Plus as well, but I also download the Yahoo
Fundamental Data