Re: [amibroker] Re: Selling price not set properly sometimes

Intermilan,

Terry is right and you are wrong.

You are doing the following things wrong:

1. Never delay trade PRICES.
SellPrice = Ref(Open, -1 ); // WRONG !

Did you read the User's Guide Tutorial about backtesting?
http://www.amibroker.com/guide/h_backtest.html

it is must-read. Come on this is not so much text inside
so it is pretty easy to read it as many times as needed
to absorb or at least keep in handy and take a look in case of
doubt.

And it says:

"
Controlling trade price

[...]
During back-testing AmiBroker will check if the values you assigned to buyprice, sellprice, shortprice, coverprice fit into high-low
range of given bar. If not, AmiBroker will adjust it to high price (if price array value is higher than high) or to the low price
(if price array value is lower than low)"

> I had to design this way because if I simply buy today and sell
> tomorrow morning, AmiBroker cannot make tomorrow's purchase (since my
> equity is still held up by yesterday's purchase), then sell my stocks
> from today and leave me with cash.

Your description is convoluted enough to become un-cipherable
("can not make TOMMORROWS purchaase and THEN SELL stocks from TODAY"????
- do we have time-space-continuum preserved here or not?)

There is however no problem in entering / exiting positions in way described here

>> 1. I scan for signals on Day 1.
>> 2. I buy signaled stocks at the open on Day 2.
>> 3. I sell stocks at the open on Day 3.

One thing to watch for is to turn off "allow same day exit".

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com