RE: [amibroker] New Layouts/Templates

Hi Joe,

As I mentioned, I do not use Layouts just templates.

My C:\Program Files\AmiBroker\Layout folder contains just one file
Default.awl which was part of the installation.

I use only one (real-time) database (Tick based). I defined its
location as
C:\Documents and Settings\jbiran\My Documents\AmiBroker.
When I Save... a template it is saved (by default) to
C:\Documents and Settings\jbiran\My Documents\AmiBroker\Layouts

As far as naming is concerned, use anything that will remind you what
the
layout is about.

To find my way quicker I list my latest layout at the bottom by
including a
date prefix. Examples:
    2006.08.03 Price+CCIj 2 (0.2 price 0.8 CCIj).ALY
    2006.09.26 Price+CCIj 1 (0.5 price 0.5 CCIj).ALY
    2006.10.24 Price+HeikinAshi+CCIj 5 (0.4 price(s) 0.6 CCIj).ALY

One thing missing is a way to tell the underlying template used for a
given chart
(so it can be applied to another chart).
One way could be if when you click Template Save... it defaults to
(selects) name
of current template used (or source template before editing)
(I just posted a suggestion in the suggestion box... )

I have not seen anywhere how to specify the path to the template
folder,
I see no need to change current settings here.

Joseph Biran