[amibroker] Trouble with tick file setup and backfill

I get data from IB and collect YM minute data.  I also wanted to start
a YM tick file for the same contract, but when I create a new database
I encounter 2 problems.  one the backfill setting defaults to minimum
rather than letting me get several days of data, and it also seems
that only a small amount of data is saved?  Sometimes it seems the
file settings get mixed.  Do I need to run a separate program of
AmiBroker to do this?  Newbi with Ami, so any help appreciated.