[amibroker] Re: Can anyone explain Why AmiBrokers instead of Metastock

I think I will be able to give you a slightly different insight as I
am in the non-programmers camp and still using Amibroker..

I would have to say that Ami is the best buy on the market.Its
priced well,can backtest individual securities as well as portfolios
and is incredibly fast at optimisations.And its amazing how
frequently Tomasz updates the product.

If you are going to stick with basic AFL,you should be OK.I have a
funny feeling that the people on this board do not understand what
it is like to not have a programming background.By and large,look at
the responses(and topics) from the users and i think you will find
that these generous souls are VERY sharp and the board in general is
skewed due to "survivorship" bias..

This is what it really boils down to.What do you want out of a
program??If its strictly Charting,Metastock probably comes out on
top.An example would be simple point and figure charting.I am pretty
sure Amibroker has the capacity,bt when i programmed it,the chart
was microscopic.You wont have that problem with metaStock.

For backtesting,I would go with Amibroker,espeially at the
intermediate advanced level.I am assuming you are willing to work
and study AFL,or that other language (which I havent a clue to what
it is...)

As I said ,Amibroker is the best buy on the market but it may not do
you any good if you cant access the power.I am experiencing that,and
that is my hesitation..Should the developers enhance the manuals or
come out with videos,I would feel much differently....

One word of caution..As difficult as Amibroker may be and sometimes
quirky,I am very confident that is is ACCURATE in it s simulations
and backtests...There are other programs do not provide the same
comfort,and that is a big plus for Amibroker

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "mytakeismine" <mytakeismine@xxx>
wrote:

> Why AmiBrokers instead of Metastock?
> Speed, ease of use, add-ins and plug-ins, richness and maturity
>
> Speed, Is this 32bit or a 64bit program? will this benefit from
dual
> processors(smp)?
>
> Ease of use, Learning curve this verses Metastock, intuitive?
>
> Add-ins and plug-ins, Can you get more or less with this verses
> metastock?
>
> Intuitive, does it easily makes sence the way it was written
almost
> anticipating your needs?
>
> I am asking this here and at metastock, I have known about
Metastock
> for sometime and am just hearing for the first time about
AmiBrokers