Re: [amibroker] Re: Polynomial Trendlines

Hi,

So... hummm ... maybe :

3- I implemented in the function Hamming Widowing for Burg on the reflection
coefficients (from the paper source i send in past mail). I have to test it
now.
But theorically Burg method don't need windowing so we will see the diff.
Noise variance won't be minimised. It is minimised in case of no-windowing.
With windowing, we are no more sure to have best fit :
http://sepwww.stanford.edu/public/docs/sep65/gilles1/paper_html/node14.html

2- Maybe we can test down sampling the data and interpolate them, like Fred
tell to do for his TrigFit. But there is maybe some slightly problem like
for exemple : taking in account an notusefull quote (last quote from a
consolidating periods for exemple) an dissmis just next quote wich is an
importante quote (big price improvements with high volume for exemple).
So maybe we have to do non-linear downsampling by just keep dominant in
importance (volume, new price...) data. After make a spline interpolation on
those data. This can be a good procedure because it is iterative and so
don't lose any information if many different sample periods are take.
Fred how do you handle this phase in TrigFit (downsampling + interp) ? How
does it compare versus classic moving average ?
The way i choose for now is to take directly a moving average with high
order low pass filter(that is why i choose T3).
Noise variance can be a measurment between different method. but I think fit
with less sample will be better (because less sample to fit), but prediction
will be less good because maybe lose some importante information. To much
artifact will be added (spectrogramme will be very different if downsampling
is made).

1- The last parameters .... the only one héhé. Like moving average or many
indicators... periods on wich we make work the indicator.
Euh... heuu... hé : )
Maybe if we take back to the roots of AR modeling... It is said : signal
must be stationnary. So we have to choose a period not to long so the signal
is stationnary and not to short to find some frequency !
Some idea :
minimum = 4 (bacause difficult to draw one period of a sinus with less than
4 points... ?)
long = some criterion to test stationnarity... (but those criterion will
need a period look back too hé !! : )) )

Cheers,
Mich