[amibroker] Detecting a Sideways Market

Apologies for the double post .. I had previously posted this under the wrong subject line.

I am experimenting with various methods in AFL to detect a sideways, choppy market condition and reduce wipsaws.

I've
used various methods, such as a 14 period CCI within the +/- 100's,
Trend Intensity index, BBand contraction, etc..
But am not 100% happy with the results.

I'd appreciate any insight/ suggestions on how other users have accomplished this.

Thanks in advance,

Wes