[amibroker] Re: OUT of MEMORY code

A little OT but my AB got very slow to load on WIN SE 98.
I ran the "Indicator Maintenance; under the Tools menu.
That cleaned it all up. Loads like new.

I did looses a few indicators I was using, BUT, the Steps in the
"Indicator Maint" had warned me and I had a chance to fix it.

Jack

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "aajohnah" <aajohnah@xxxx> wrote:

> I installed this program,  and ran programs that require 40 or more
6.13gb
> images open at the same time
>
> With  the  XP_PageFileMon  program running it significantly slowed my
> computer processing time
>

> In addition I noticed that when I had AB open to a stock it took a few
> seconds for today's price to come up on the candle-stick chart.
>

> To me this program did not make things better it made things much worse
>
> Just what I found with my computer configuration and programs
>

> Mark

<file:///C:\Documents%20and%20Settings\Owner\Application%20Data\Microsoft\Si
> gnatures\www.aajonahfish.com\astronomyhaven.htm>
>

>   _____

On Behalf
> Of J. Biran
> Sent: Friday, December 23, 2005 2:37 AM
> To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: RE: [amibroker] OUT of MEMORY code
>

> I have seen some articles claiming that for large amount of RAM page
file
> should not be increased.
> (with very large RAM size you do not need to use any page file at all).
> Excessive page file actually
> has a negative effect on performance (searching vast size of empty file
> takes longer).
>

> There is a tiny freeware utility called XP Page File Monitor (
> XP_PageFileMon.zip circa 2003)
> that you should be able to find, it runs as a shut down script.
>

> Once installed, it monitors your actual usage of page file and
writes it to
> file on all windows shut downs.
>
> You will be surprised at the results.
>

> I have 2GB RAM and set the page file to 2GB which is about 4 times the
> maximum I ever saw during
> 2 months of monitoring.
>

> Joseph Biran
>

>   _____