From: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Yuki Taga
Sent: Friday, December 23, 2005 1:51 AM
To: J. Biran
Subject: Re: [amibroker] OUT of MEMORY code

Hi J.,

I agree with you.  My understanding is that this was a long
ago
calculation based on something like, "If you need that much
RAM, (and
it was so expensive, and most motherboards could not even
handle that
much), you needed a pagefile 3 or 4 times as large as your
amount of
RAM."  My understanding is that now that is simply a legend
that will
not die.

Now of course, motherboards can handle GBs of affordable
RAM, and
many people need very small pagefiles.  I have found two
things about
this:  1) any pagefile on the system drive is a drag on
performance.
Put it elsewhere, if at all possible.  2)  Set the pagefile
to a
reasonable size based on observed maximum over time, and set
it to a
fixed minimum and maximum, which are the same.  This stops
Windows
from resizing the darn thing when it doesn't need to, which
is also a
drag on performance.

My understanding, anyway.

Yuki

JB> I have seen some articles claiming that for large amount
of
JB> RAM page file should not be increased.
JB> (with very large RAM size you do not need to use any
page
JB> file at all). Excessive page file actually
JB> has a negative effect on performance (searching vast
size of
JB> empty file takes longer).

JB> There is a tiny freeware utility called XP Page File
Monitor
JB> ( XP_PageFileMon.zip circa 2003)
JB> that you should be able to find, it runs as a shut down
JB> script.

JB> Once installed, it monitors your actual usage of page
file
JB> and writes it to file on all windows shut downs.

JB> You will be surprised at the results.

JB> I have 2GB RAM and set the page file to 2GB which is
about 4
JB> times the maximum I ever saw during
JB> 2 months of monitoring.

JB> Joseph Biran
JB> ____________________________________________

JB>   _____

runs
JB> fine.

JB> Just a thought...  Try turning Off the code switch and
then
JB> turning off HyperThreading (I think that's an option),
then
JB> turn off both.

JB> Also, have you checked your page file size?  At 2Gb of
JB> memory, it should be set to about 3Gb.

JB> I can't think of anything else.

JB> Good luck,

JB> Dan.

allow
JB> 3gb of memory and page memory is maxed out too

JB> That is not the issue,  has to do with settings inside
AB I
JB> would think

JB> Mark

<file:///C:\Documents%20and%20Settings\Owner\Application%20D

ata\Microsoft\Signatures\www.aajonahfish.com\astronomyhaven.
JB> htm>

JB>   _____

Gb
JB> of memory after an exploration.

JB> How much memory does your system have?  If less than
1Gb,
JB> consider upgrading.

JB> Regards,

JB> Dan.

and
JB> am getting an out of memory though it says

JB> E-signal out of memory and AB is locked up

JB> Any suggestion?

JB> Thank you

JB> Mark

<file:///C:\Documents%20and%20Settings\Owner\Application%20D

ata\Microsoft\Signatures\www.aajonahfish.com\astronomyhaven.
JB> htm>

JB> Please note that this group is for discussion between
users
JB> only.

JB> To get support from AmiBroker please send an e-mail
directly
JB> SUPPORT {at} amibroker.com

JB> For other support material please check also:
JB> http://www.amibroker.com/support.html

JB>   _____

JB> YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

JB> *	 Visit your group "amibroker
JB> <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/amibroker> " on the web.

JB> *	 To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

JB> cribe>

JB> *	 Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo!
JB> <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>  Terms of Service.

JB>   _____

Best,

Yuki