Re: [amibroker] OUT of MEMORY code

Hi J.,

I agree with you.  My understanding is that this was a long ago
calculation based on something like, "If you need that much RAM, (and
it was so expensive, and most motherboards could not even handle that
much), you needed a pagefile 3 or 4 times as large as your amount of
RAM."  My understanding is that now that is simply a legend that will
not die.

Now of course, motherboards can handle GBs of affordable RAM, and
many people need very small pagefiles.  I have found two things about
this:  1) any pagefile on the system drive is a drag on performance.
Put it elsewhere, if at all possible.  2)  Set the pagefile to a
reasonable size based on observed maximum over time, and set it to a
fixed minimum and maximum, which are the same.  This stops Windows
from resizing the darn thing when it doesn't need to, which is also a
drag on performance.

My understanding, anyway.

Yuki

Best,