[amibroker] Re: Candlestick Charts

Thanks for the tip.   I did play with this a little bit and it may
allow me to accomplish what I would like to do but haven't been able
to so far.

So allow me to descibe how I think Stockcharts colors their candles.

Rule # 1:  Close today >= Close yesterday  "Hollow White Candle"

Rule # 2:  Close today <= Close yesterday  "Filled Red Candle"

Rule # 3:  Open today above yestedays close and closes today lower
than the open.  "Black Candle"  Opens bullishly but closes bearishly

Rule # 4:  Open today below yesterdays close and closes today higher
than the open.  "Hollow Red Candle"  Opens bearishly but closes bullishly.

That's my take on the coloring of the candles.  What I am attempting
to do is to mimick this coloring as close as possible.  Rule # 4 may
have to have an Orange color as I am not sure we can programatically
change the color of the outline.

So it looks like I would like to have 4 different colors (White, Red,
Black, and Orange) based on the 4 rules above.

This is what I will be trying to implement over the holidays.

Trade well,

Dave
MarketMonk777
aka RedEyes

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Graham <kavemanperth@xxxx> wrote:

> You can create a hollow candle and colour the candles, just do so in
preferences

> --
> Cheers
> Graham
> AB-Write >< Professional AFL Writing Service
> Yes, I write AFL code to your requirements
> http://e-wire.net.au/~eb_kavan/ab_write.htm
>

> On 12/21/05, marketmonk777 <dlittner@xxxx> wrote:
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > I like the way Stockcharts colors their Candlestick charts and am
> > curious if anyone has decifered the rules and implemented it in AB.
> >
> > Even though I am a newbie, it hasn't stopped me from trying to dig
> > deep into AB and see what makes it tick.
> >
> > Editing the Formula for the chart I can see the following line plots
> > the closing price:
> > Plot( C, "Close", colorBlack, styleCandle );
> >
> > And this is the line that would have to be modified.  Since a "hollow"
> > candle can not be created, I would have to use 4 different colors to
> > mimick the Stockcharts Candle colors.
> >
> > I would also imagine that I would have to create the rules and create
> > a variable (maybe CC for candle color) and use that instead of the
> > "colorBlack"?  Hmm, why do I have different color candles as I see no
> > code to select Red or Green?
> >
> > Here is the code used to modify the color of the Volume bars:
> > Plot( Volume, _DEFAULT_NAME(), IIf( C > O, ParamColor("Up Color",
> > colorGreen ), ParamColor("Down Color", colorRed ) ), ParamStyle(
> > "Style", styleHistogram | styleOwnScale | styleThick,
maskHistogram  ) );

> > For now, let me know if it can be done and that I wouldn't be wasting
> > my time.  I enjoy a good challenge and am willing to give it a try but
> > don't want to spin my wheels as free time is of short supply.
> >
> > Dave
> > MarketMonk777
> > aka RedEyes

> > SUPPORT {at} amibroker.com