[amibroker] Re: Dow Jones Indices

David,

Thanks again - I'm not interested in vol. I only use the idex for
releative strength. BigCharts tells me which stock belongs to the DJ
indicies - I have an automated download for this info - which I
import into Ami monthly.I can the see which are the performiong
sectors and which are the performing stocks in those sectors.

I just need to know where I can get the DJ index data.

If anyone cah assist I'd be grateful.

Geoff

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "David Fitch" <davidfitch@xxxx>
wrote:

> Geoff
>
> Can't help you with old data. BUT, I would caution about relying on
yahoo for any index data. Its not very good and suspect at best.
Especially the volume aspects of index data. To convince yourself
just look at volume data of one of the major indexes and compare to
it to similar data at say, Stock Charts or Barcharts.com,
http://www2.barchart.com/ .

> If indexes are important, my suggestion would be to subscribe to
one of the many downloadable services available, the cost could be
offset with one decent trade, or make your own index using AB's
composite function, Addtocomposite.

> Dave

on "historical
>   prices" to see if those are available.
>   >
>   > Dave
>   > .
>   >
Terms
>   of Service.
>   >
>   >
>   > ----------------------------------------------------------------
----
>   >

>   Please note that this group is for discussion between users only.
>
>   To get support from AmiBroker please send an e-mail directly to
>   SUPPORT {at} amibroker.com
>
>   For other support material please check also:
>   http://www.amibroker.com/support.html

of Service.

24 Hours. Commission-Free.