[amibroker] Re: Is it possible to backup the studies ?

Wow...that's a pretty crazy back up scheme you have over there.

I have AB running on Windows 2003 Server, so I just copy database and
formula off of it weekly.

Since I back up weekly, losing data shouldn't be a serious issue;
database you can re-download at the worst case.  For formula, as long
as you have the latest set as of last week, you should be able to get
back OK unless you decided to add 1000 lines of code to it :-)

I personally don't believe that a working system doesn't have to be
1000-lines of code, anyway.  Mine's quite short (about 30 lines max)
but working well in Backtest, a.k.a. in theory :-)

intermilan04

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Yuki Taga <yukitaga@xxxx> wrote:

> Hi Tomasz,
>
> Friday, December 16, 2005, 6:08:39 PM, you wrote:
>
> >> Ultimately I concluded that it is easier just to do a complete
> >> backup/copy of AB if one wants to save everything.
>
> TJ> Exactly. Keep everything (including database directories)
> TJ> in one place (inside AmIBroker installation directory) and just
copy entire dir with all subdirs.

> Exactly what I do.  Number one: It's a good idea to have more than
> one hard drive.  Number two: I run a batch file every four hours that
> backs up my databases and e-mail to two different drives (one IDE and
> one SCSI).  Number three: I do entire partition backups nightly, on
> auto, and once a week I copy one of those system backups to a USB
> external. Could I lose my data?  Yes.  But it would take one heck of
> a combination of bad luck to make that catastrophic.
>
> One drive is not enough.  With one drive, you are simply an accident
> waiting to happen.  ^_^
>
> Yuki

24 Hours. Commission-Free.