Re: [amibroker] Re: What metrics do you use for comparing systems ?

Thanks for the link Dick!  The LTCM story is fascinating.  The book you mentioned is called "When Genius Failed" that goes into detail about the firm.  It's been sitting on my bookshelf collecting dust for 6 months now, I'm hoping to get around to it over the holidays when I have some downtime.

I do a lot of work with hedge funds and it is scary how many cases of fraud you see.  In the industry rags I read, lately anyways, all I read about are fraud cases from fund managers that risked too much on one bet and then tried to hide the extent of the loss by fudging the books and then hoping to bail themselves in the months ahead.  On fund in particular had a huge long position in ENWV - take a look at where it is trading now versus back in June and July.  Needless to say the guy is screwed!

Jason

areehoi <rhoierman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Eric,
If you trust the Hedge Fund mangers you need to read the book about
downfall of Long Term Capital the biggest hedge fund in the past
decade. It all but brought down the entire financial markets. See:
www.erisk.com/Learning/CaseStudies/ref_case_ltcm.asp

R.E. (Dick) Hoierman
--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, eric paradis