Re: [amibroker] Re: Note to Japan ETF holders, ADR holders, etc., ...

Hi intermilan04,

i> I was trying to find a way to import Japanese market data into
i> Amibroker, but couldn't find one.  It seems like Amibroker isn't
i> very widely known in Japan yet.  Do you mind sharing how you were
i> able to accomplish importing Japanese data into AB?

I don't understand the question.  Japanese data is like all other
data.  You just have to get it in a format that AB can import, like
ASCII.  But that is very easy to do.

>> I hate to say it, but I kind of doubt that number ... and "every
>> year"? Since when? You know, we have to respect reality here.  ^^_^^

i> I understand, and that's why I'm trying to backtest his system in AB
i> so I can verify the integrity of his claims.  He is however pretty
i> famous for being one of the pioneers in system trading in Japan.

He must be about 400 years old then, or older.  Candlestick charting,
which is claimed to be a system of sorts, was invented here, and is
at least that old.  And ... I never heard of him.  (Of course, I
haven't heard of a *lot* of people.)  ^_^

It's just one of those claims that ... when you have been in this
business a while, you just dismiss it out of hand.  My advice to you
would be to try and design your own system.  It will be one that you
have confidence in trading, and will actually be able to trade
psychologically.

Maybe.  ^_^

Anyone that suggests that they have a system that can return triple
digits every year is simply trolling for suckers, or blowing hot air,
or both. People who could do that sort of thing would not be
advertising the fact.  Who would want to be super scrutinized after
making such a claim?  If someone could actually DO that, they would
simply be, VERY QUIETLY, doing it. Then, after a few years and
assuming they had some decent capital to start with, they would buy
an island someplace. Like the one between the Hudson and East rivers.
^_-

Yuki

24 Hours. Commission-Free.